Saturday, November 29, 2014

Brain computer interaction - Today's success

About two months ago I started playing around with BCI technologies. In my faculty's laboratory (FERI LSPO) I connected the sensors to my melon and started experimenting..

EEG sensors on a stretchable cap

Calibration session
On the pictures above I'm using the BCI2000 tool suite and the g.USBAmp amplifier to record and interpret my EEG (brain) signals. 

How it works?

Using the projected character matrix (on the screen) the user can focus on the character he wants to spell and count how many times it blinked. After a few blinks the algorithm recognises which character you are focusing on and displays it on the screen. This can be achieved thanks to the P300 potential that appears in the brain signals "every" time we recognise that the character flashed.

After a few days of painfully trying to clear my mind and focus my thoughts, I have finally succeeded to calibrate the damn thing and spell "THE" using only my brain!! :) Happy, happy me!


So what do we do now?

Same thing we do every night Pinky; TRY TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

No comments: